Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Jean-Claude Cote <jc...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/09 22:02:58 UTC

msgpack pull request

Hey Paul,

In my pull request you mentioned handling splits.. I put a comment in the
pull request but essentially msgpack files are a list of records so
technically they can be split. However I'm not sure if that's beneficial
because I'm not sure how the splitting process works..

The other thing you mentioned is using TupleSchema. I have not looked at it
yet but in my initial design I had tried to use it but ran into
limitations. I will try it again and let you know what the issue is (if I
run into it again).

I did a major refactoring of my msgpack format reader and added more
documentation/explanations. Hopefully it will be easier to follow. Could
you have a look when you have a moment?

Thanks
jc

Re: msgpack pull request

Posted by Paul Rogers <pa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi JC,

Thanks much for the updates. I’ll take another look over the weekend.

- Paul

Sent from my iPhone