Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by li...@panka.com on 2006/08/15 17:31:37 UTC

[users@httpd] auth not working with ssl

Hello,

I have a virtual host and I'd like to require basic auth for a directory and
everything under it. The following works, goodUser can login and access
everythin in www.foo.com/private and all directories below:

<VirtualHost *:80>
	DocumentRoot /www/foo.com/htdocs
	ServerName www.foo.com
	<Directory /www/foo.com/htdocs/private>
		#SSLRequireSSL
		AuthType Basic
		AuthName "private"
		AuthUserFile conf/auth/passwd
		AuthGroupFile conf/auth/group
		Require user goodUser
	</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

However I also want te require an ssl connection. When I uncomment
SSLRequireSSL, I can browse to www.foo.com/private over ssl WITHOUT any
password, and I cannot access anything in the subdirectories and no error is
written into the log.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Lajos

Re: [users@httpd] auth not working with ssl

Posted by li...@panka.com.
Thanks, Joshua, moving the <Directory> section out of vhosts solved all the
problems.

Thanks,
Lajos

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.