Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Pell <Ja...@dssonline.com.au> on 2000/11/02 04:25:05 UTC

Redirect Tomcat System.out/System.err to logfile?

Hello,

Is there a way I can redirect System.out/System.err to logfile.

Someone said that these go to the console where tomcat was started, but
I use the "daemon tomcat start" command, so I am not sure that there is
any
output generated at all in daemon mode.

I would therefore like to redirect to logfile instead.

Thanks
Jason

--
Jason Pell
Senior Analyst/Programmer

"Callista - the brightest solution in university management"

Important Notice: The contents of this email transmission,
including attachments, may be privileged and confidential.
Any unauthorised use of the contents is expressly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please advise
the sender by return email or telephone immediately and
destroy all versions.

Re: Redirect Tomcat System.out/System.err to logfile?

Posted by Amandeep Jawa <de...@imagelock.com>.
here is what i use:

/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/bin/startup.sh >tomcat.log 2>&1