Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Benedikt Ritter <be...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/25 16:01:58 UTC

[dbcp] Encoding problems on dbcp site?

Hi,

I'm having problems with the dbcp website. It displays diamonds with
question marks inside for example between "Commons" and "DBCP" in the
sidebar. Usually that is sign of an encoding problem. Can anyone
verify that?

thanks,
Benedikt

Re: [dbcp] Encoding problems on dbcp site?

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <be...@gmail.com>.
2012/7/25 Jörg Schaible <Jo...@scalaris.com>:
> Benedikt Ritter wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm having problems with the dbcp website. It displays diamonds with
>> question marks inside for example between "Commons" and "DBCP" in the
>> sidebar. Usually that is sign of an encoding problem. Can anyone
>> verify that?
>
> I see the same with Konqueror and Firefox.

I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with those #xA0; in the
site.xml [1]
Any idea why we don't &nbsp; ?

Benedikt

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/dbcp/trunk/src/site/site.xml?view=markup