Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by nch <un...@yahoo.com> on 2008/07/07 10:41:07 UTC

spring 2.5.5 and ibatis 2.3.2

Hi, there.

I'm trying iBatis 2.3.2 with Spring 2.5.5.
Spring is complaining it can not find method com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.ExtendedSqlMapClient.getMappedStatement
This method was present in iBatis 2.3.0.
Is there a workaround I can take to make it work?
I need to test this cause it seems proxies coming from iBatis are now serializable, so I can replicate sessions amont tomcat instances.

Cheers

Re: spring 2.5.5 and ibatis 2.3.2

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
Darn, I guess not enough people tested it while it was in Beta.  :-/

Perhaps we need a more formal testing group that can commit to testing the
framework before we release it.  I know Brandon uses Spring and did make a
couple of fixes for Spring, but he's just one person.

Out of curiosity, why didn't you upgrade or at least test it while in Beta?

In a nutshell, the answer to your question is this:

  * We've deprecated a lot of internal interfaces in the core of iBATIS
2.3.2, in order to clean up the code.  One of those interfaces was
ExtendedSqlMapClient.

  * Code that used to cast (or othewise use) ExtendedSqlMapClient should now
simply use SqlMapClientImpl (the default implementation behind the
SqlMapClient interface).

Cheers,
Clinton