Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu> on 2007/01/16 19:37:49 UTC

[1.4] Login doesn't stick

I'm having an issue with 1.4, in that the login will not stick when
using FCKeditor. I start up Lenya, it runs and everything is good. I go
to edit a page with FCKeditor, I change the content. I hit save and I am
given a login prompt. After several login/save attempts, it will usually
take. From looking at the logs, I can see that the machine is
recognized, but no user name is associated with it. My JSESSIONID cookie
does not change from initial login, to failed save login, to successful
save.

When I am presented with the login, I see this in the logs:

PARAM: 'org.apache.lenya.ac.Identity' VALUE: '[identity:
org.apache.lenya.ac.World@b6a561 134.129.71.65]'

When it works I see:

PARAM: 'org.apache.lenya.ac.Identity' VALUE: '[identity: lenya
org.apache.lenya.ac.World@b6a561 reviewer 134.129.71.65 admin editor
visitor]'

Anyone else seeing anything like this? Any idea where to begin looking
for the problem?

Richard

Re: [1.4] Login doesn't stick

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.
Richard Frovarp wrote:
> Jonathan Addison wrote:
>> Hi Richard,
>>
>> Richard Frovarp wrote:

>>> I've done some more testing. The session comes back with no roles
>>> assigned. However, it would not appear that the roles are being
>>> removed. The roles are just disappearing.
>>>
>>> I am getting this on the login page when I try to save:
>>>
>>> Access Denied
>>> The user 'ref' is not authorized to access the page
>>> '/elegantdemo/authoring/index.html'.
>>>
>>> If you have another user account with the corresponding privileges,
>>> please provide user name and password below.
>>>
>>> But that user has all roles, and it authorized me to edit the page.
>>> Debugging statements show that no roles are associated with the
>>> user, where the call to get in there showed the user had all roles.
>>>

>>> Furthermore, I am having some weird issues with errors about a file
>>> being checked out. Sure, the file it is complaining about being
>>> checked out is, but it isn't the file I am working on. If I get the
>>> error when saving, the content is saved to the right location, it
>>> would appear. There is something funky happening with the sessions
>>> that needs to be cleared up. How could my session be getting
>>> dropped? This is obviously a huge issue that needs to be fixed. I am
>>> guessing it will be difficult to reproduce. It would be nice to
>>> figure out what part of the code has the potential of screwing up my
>>> sessions, so I can do some more logical investigations.
>>
>> Do you get similar errors when using other editors?  I'm receiving
>> 500 errors when using BXE, Kupu, and oneForm so I was wondering if it
>> could be related.
>
> I don't have the other editors enabled on my publication by default. I
> some how broke Kupu, but no issue with BXE in testing this morning.
> But I have yet to have an issue with FCK this morning either. It
> doesn't constantly fire, making it more difficult to track down. I've
> ran FindBugs against the AC code. Did find one possibly bad thing
> (line 61 of org.apache.lenya.ac.impl.AbstractItem), but that doesn't
> seem to be the issue. I would actually know more if I could get the
> issue to fire again, however. Users are very unhappy to edit a page,
> go to save and have it fail. One difference I did notice between Kupu
> (against default pub) and BXE versus FCK and oneForm, the first two
> generate a lot of permission checks, where as the last two only do one
> upon loading the editor.
>
> Richard

Okay, I am getting errors with FCK, Kupu, and BXE. FCK is different from
Kupu and BXE, as there I don't have any roles associated with the
session. Kupu and BXE are webdav errors:

Kupu:
SocketListener0-9 ERROR sitemap.handled-errors - Sitemap: error calling
function 'selectMethod'
        at <map:call> -
file:/home/rfrovarp/lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/modules/webdav/sitemap.xmap:140:43
        at <map:mount> -
file:/home/rfrovarp/lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/pubs/default/sitemap.xmap:96:135
        at <map:mount> -
file:/home/rfrovarp/lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/global-sitemap.xmap:408:113
        at <map:mount> -
file:/home/rfrovarp/lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/sitemap.xmap:637:106
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Sitemap: error calling function
'selectMethod'
        at <map:call> -
file:/home/rfrovarp/lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/modules/webdav/sitemap.xmap:140:43
        at <map:mount> -
file:/home/rfrovarp/lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/pubs/default/sitemap.xmap:96:135
        at <map:mount> -
file:/home/rfrovarp/lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/global-sitemap.xmap:408:113
        at <map:mount> -
file:/home/rfrovarp/lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/sitemap.xmap:637:106
        at
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException.throwLocated(ProcessingException.java:113)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.CallFunctionNode.invoke(CallFunctionNode.java:141)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.jav
a:47)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MatchNode.invoke(MatchNode.java:108)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.jav
a:69)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(PipelineNode.java:143)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.jav
a:69)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(PipelinesNode.java:93)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(ConcreteTreeProcessor.java:235)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(ConcreteTreeProcessor.java:177)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:253)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(MountNode.java:118)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.jav
a:69)

BXE:
SocketListener0-9 ERROR sitemap.handled-errors - Sitemap: error calling
function 'selectMethod'
        at <map:call> -
file:/home/rfrovarp/lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/modules/webdav/sitemap.xmap:134:43
        at <map:mount> -
file:/home/rfrovarp/lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/pubs/default/sitemap.xmap:91:133
        at <map:mount> -
file:/home/rfrovarp/lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/global-sitemap.xmap:408:113
        at <map:mount> -
file:/home/rfrovarp/lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/sitemap.xmap:608:110

Re: [1.4] Login doesn't stick

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.

Re: [1.4] Login doesn't stick

Posted by Jonathan Addison <jo...@wyona.com>.
Hi Richard,

Richard Frovarp wrote:
> Richard Frovarp wrote:
>> I'm having an issue with 1.4, in that the login will not stick when
>> using FCKeditor. I start up Lenya, it runs and everything is good. I
>> go to edit a page with FCKeditor, I change the content. I hit save
>> and I am given a login prompt. After several login/save attempts, it
>> will usually take. From looking at the logs, I can see that the
>> machine is recognized, but no user name is associated with it. My
>> JSESSIONID cookie does not change from initial login, to failed save
>> login, to successful save.
>>
>> When I am presented with the login, I see this in the logs:
>>
>> PARAM: 'org.apache.lenya.ac.Identity' VALUE: '[identity:
>> org.apache.lenya.ac.World@b6a561 134.129.71.65]'
>>

>> When it works I see:
>>
>> PARAM: 'org.apache.lenya.ac.Identity' VALUE: '[identity: lenya
>> org.apache.lenya.ac.World@b6a561 reviewer 134.129.71.65 admin editor
>> visitor]'
>>
>> Anyone else seeing anything like this? Any idea where to begin
>> looking for the problem?
>>
>> Richard
>>

> I've done some more testing. The session comes back with no roles
> assigned. However, it would not appear that the roles are being
> removed. The roles are just disappearing.
>
> I am getting this on the login page when I try to save:
>
> Access Denied
> The user 'ref' is not authorized to access the page
> '/elegantdemo/authoring/index.html'.
>
> If you have another user account with the corresponding privileges,
> please provide user name and password below.
>
> But that user has all roles, and it authorized me to edit the page.
> Debugging statements show that no roles are associated with the user,
> where the call to get in there showed the user had all roles.
>

> Furthermore, I am having some weird issues with errors about a file
> being checked out. Sure, the file it is complaining about being
> checked out is, but it isn't the file I am working on. If I get the
> error when saving, the content is saved to the right location, it
> would appear. There is something funky happening with the sessions
> that needs to be cleared up. How could my session be getting dropped?
> This is obviously a huge issue that needs to be fixed. I am guessing
> it will be difficult to reproduce. It would be nice to figure out what
> part of the code has the potential of screwing up my sessions, so I
> can do some more logical investigations.

Do you get similar errors when using other editors?  I'm receiving 500
errors when using BXE, Kupu, and oneForm so I was wondering if it could
be related.

> Richard

Jonathan Addison                                 jon<at>wyona.com

Re: [1.4] Login doesn't stick

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.
Thanks,

I did get the problem fixed. It was due to the fck_config.js file
bringing in the CSS file from the default publication and the user not
having permissions on that publication. I submitted a patch, which
someone did apply to svn for me.

Thanks again,

Richard

Re: [1.4] Login doesn't stick

Posted by Yehya Mohamad <ye...@fit.fraunhofer.de>.
Hi Richard,

Re: [1.4] Login doesn't stick

Posted by Joern Nettingsmeier <ne...@folkwang-hochschule.de>.
Richard Frovarp wrote:

> I've found the problem, sort of. The belongsTo function in Identity is
> returning false. I have yet to figure out why this is happening, but I
> have traced my problem to there. Its returning false is causing a new
> Identity object to be created, which is of course wiping out the roles
> associated with the user. I will do my best to try to figure out what is
> going on in this code, but perhaps someone more familiar with it can
> spot a problem quicker than I.

eeek!

be sure to file a bug.

--
jörn nettingsmeier

home://germany/45128 essen/lortzingstr. 11/
http://spunk.dnsalias.org
phone://+49/201/491621

if you are a free (as in "free speech") software developer
and you happen to be travelling near my home, drop me a line
and come round for a free (as in "free beer") beer. :-D

Re: [1.4] Login doesn't stick

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.

Re: [1.4] Login doesn't stick

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.