Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Jim Hamer <jh...@canada.com> on 2001/02/22 19:15:18 UTC

mpl extension

Hello listers,

I need some really basic help. I am a developer is has taken over a set of
embperl programs. All of these programs have the extension .mpl. Why? I
cannot find any reference to this extension in the online documentation.

I do not have a lot of server expertise, so I have a second query. These
mpl programs do not reside in the cgi-bin directory, but in a directory
under the document root. Is this normal for embperl programs? Or could the
apache server have been told to look for these programs in a different
directory?

Is it normal to refer to embperl programs as scripts?
Are they referred to as 'executable'?

Thanks,
Jim

Re: mpl extension

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

embperl programms can have wahtever extention you like. There should be some
configuration directive in the Apache config like the following:

<Files *.mpl>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
Options ExecCGI
</Files>

this tells Apache to pass all file with *.mpl extention to mod_perl, which
passes it to Embperl for the actual processing. The pages need not to be

Hope this helps

Gerald