Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Neeraj Vaidya <ne...@yahoo.co.in.INVALID> on 2021/05/07 21:45:42 UTC

Multiple producers using same message key

Hi all,
I think I kind of know the answer but wanted to confirm.
If I have multiple producers sending messages with the same key, will they end up in the same partition (assuming I am using the default partitioner) ?

Regards,
Neeraj

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Multiple producers using same message key

Posted by Daniel Hinojosa <dh...@evolutionnext.com>.
Yes, murmur2(key) % number of partitions.

Posted by sunil chaudhari <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Neeraj,