Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rami Friedman <ra...@saucontech.com> on 2002/03/04 19:59:06 UTC

tc4-- multiple catalina bases, one binary

Hi.

I'm trying to create an environment in which many developers can develop
on a single instance of tomcat on a single host.  I've written a script
that sets each user's CATALINA_BASE appropriately and creates the webapps
and conf directories under the respective base dirs.  It also assigns a
unique port to each developer and puts that port in the developer's
server.xml (port attribute of the Connector element).

My problem is that the startup.sh and shutdown.sh scripts for any given
developer appear to be starting and stopping the entire tomcat instance--
not just the connector listening on the developer's assigned port.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

(BTW, I did search the archives before posting this question.)