Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by rb...@covalent.net on 2001/04/15 01:59:44 UTC

Beta binaries?????

I just realized how long it has been since we released the beta, and there
are no binaries yet.  :-(  I am creating a linux binary even as I write
this.  Can more people create binaries for other platforms?  The
binbuild.sh script could use a good work-out, the last time I checked, it
worked on Linux, but no promises for any other platform.

Ryan
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

> I just realized how long it has been since we released the beta, and there
> are no binaries yet.  :-(  I am creating a linux binary even as I write
> this.  Can more people create binaries for other platforms?  The
> binbuild.sh script could use a good work-out, the last time I checked, it
> worked on Linux, but no promises for any other platform.

2.0.16 was broken on Win32, ergo the binaries (.zip format) was never released.

Re: Beta binaries?????

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.
It would be a mistake to create any binaries based on the threaded MPM.  My druthers would
be to fix the remaining know problem with the threaded MPM (not starting new processes
when an old process still has any active threads) and release b2. Just my $.02

Bill