Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Mathew <ma...@punnachalil.com> on 2004/03/02 23:30:08 UTC

DataSourec Configuration

I am using TOMCAT 5.01.19 and Oracle 8.1.7. I  exactly followed the
procedure  described in
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html
 to configure server.xml and web.xml. When ever I run my program I get a
java NamingException error  with class not found . This is the error
message I am getting

javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Need to specify class name in
environment or system property, or as an applet parameter, or in an
application resource file:  java.naming.factory.initial at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:638)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:241)
at
javax.naming.InitialContext.getURLOrDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:278)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:345) at
MyJdbc.main(MyJdbc.java:18).

I really appreciated any help on this

Thanks