Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/22 07:03:22 UTC

A small issue about the behavior of the returned XMLStreamReader

Hi all,
A quick clarification about the behavior of the XMLStreamReader
returned from a XMLBeans object.
If there are any qualified attributes the reader correctly returns the
namespace URI and the prefix for that attribute through the
getAttributePrefix(int) and getAttributeNamespace(int) methods.
However that particular namespace decalration does not appear through
the getNamespacePrefix(int) method (it is not counted to from the
getNamespaceCount() method).
Axis2 actually got into trouble because of this behavior but I've
fixed it with a workaround.
What I'm not sure about is that whether this is an acceptable
behavior! I mean I don't see any faulty behavior since the namespace
is correctly associated with the attribute but the namespaces not
showing up in the declaration list makes me wonder!

Any StAX guru who can clear this up  ;)

--
Ajith Ranabahu