Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com> on 2000/09/10 19:07:51 UTC

Using excludesfile in javac?

I haven't seen any examples in the documentation on how to use
excludesfile. Do you specify it with a full path, or one relative to
basedir? What should the lines in the file look like -- the same as if
you'd done them individually in an <exclude name="${com.dir}/foo.java"/>
or does it not handle actual filenames but only wildcard patterns?

I've tried several different ways, but so far javac isn't excluding any of
the files listed in the excludesfile.

This could also be where tuning might come in, since it now takes the full
build over 11 minutes -- but at least 10 of that is spent searching for
the remainder of the source files to compile. Does anyone know if it would
be faster to just maintain an includesfile list and feed that to it
instead of having it try and assemble the list itself? (It's alot of
files, but if it would speed things up enuf, it might not be all that
horrible to maintain it.)

Other than this, Ant's working very nicely now -- kudos to everyone who
put their time and energy into it!

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)

http://mail.yahoo.com/

Re: Using excludesfile in javac?

Posted by Roger Bjärevall <ro...@ideit.com>.
In Ant 1.1 it was possible to pass arguments in the CVS task:

<cvs command="update -Pd"/>

This is not possible in the build from 2000-09-03 anymore.
Any ideas why this does not work and a possible workaround?

Roger

--
Roger Bjärevall                    roger.bjarevall@ideit.com
Innovative-IT Development AB       Mobile: +46 709 242012

Re: Using excludesfile in javac?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 PD> At 11:10 10/9/00 -0700, you wrote:
 >> As a file relative to the project basedir:

 PD> uh - dont you mean task basedir (in this case javacs srcdir) :P

No, project's basedir should be correct, everything else should be
considered a bug.

Stefan

Re: Using excludesfile in javac?

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@mad.scientist.com>.
At 11:10  10/9/00 -0700, you wrote:
>As a file relative to the project basedir:

uh - dont you mean task basedir (in this case javacs srcdir)
:P

>  <!-- The index server component jar -->
>  <target name="index-server" depends="racs-jar,racs-startup">
>    <javac destdir="build" classpathref="project.class.path"
>      excludesfile="index-server.excludes"
>    >
>      <include name="com/bear/racs/server/index/*" />
>      <include name="com/bear/racs/server/index/common/*" />
>      <src path="${java_proj}" />
>    </javac>
>  </target>
>bash-2.04$ cat index-server.excludes
>com/bear/racs/server/index/tst*.java
>bash-2.04$
>
>I tend to use nested <exclude>...</exclude> tags rather than the excludes
or excludesfile
>attributes though:

same - much easier to maintain

Cheers,

Pete

Re: Using excludesfile in javac?

Posted by Scott M Stark <Sc...@displayscape.com>.
[...]

      <exclude name="com/bear/racs/server/index/tst*.java" />
      <src path="${java_proj}" />
    </javac>
  </target>