Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Jeff O'Donnell <jo...@bea.com> on 2007/10/23 20:39:35 UTC

Comment email notification email issue

Hi All,

I am having an issue with comment notification.  When a user leaves a
comment on a blog, the owner of the blog entry does in fact receive
email notification of the comment.  So this part is working great.  But
if that user who left the first comment checked the "Notify me by email
of new comments" checkbox, and then another user leaves a second comment
on the same blog entry, comment email notification is only sent to the
owner of the blog entry, but not the person who left the first comment.

I'm seeing this is my log:

WeblogCommentRequest:<init> - name = Jeff O'Donnell
DEBUG 2007-10-23 11:04:08,583 WeblogCommentRequest:<init> - email =
jeffodonnell@comcast.net
DEBUG 2007-10-23 11:04:08,583 WeblogCommentRequest:<init> - url =
DEBUG 2007-10-23 11:04:08,583 WeblogCommentRequest:<init> - content =
fifth test comment
DEBUG 2007-10-23 11:04:08,583 WeblogCommentRequest:<init> - notify =
false
DEBUG 2007-10-23 11:04:08,583 WeblogCommentRequest:<init> - weblogAnchor
= status1

I could be wrong, as this could be referring to something else, but
shouldn't notify = "true".  I've confirmed that I am in fact checking
the box.  Any thoughts here?

Roller version - 3.1
OS - Windows XP
Server/Container - Tomcat 5.5.23 (I've already replaced the buggy
naming-factory.jar that was missing classes - originally caused problem
of no mail notification at all)
DB - MySQL 5.0.41

Thanks,

-Jeff

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.

Re: Comment email notification email issue

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 10/23/07, Jeff O'Donnell <jo...@bea.com> wrote:
> I am having an issue with comment notification.  When a user leaves a
> comment on a blog, the owner of the blog entry does in fact receive
> email notification of the comment.  So this part is working great.  But
> if that user who left the first comment checked the "Notify me by email
> of new comments" checkbox, and then another user leaves a second comment
> on the same blog entry, comment email notification is only sent to the
> owner of the blog entry, but not the person who left the first comment.
>
> I'm seeing this is my log:
>
> WeblogCommentRequest:<init> - name = Jeff O'Donnell
> DEBUG 2007-10-23 11:04:08,583 WeblogCommentRequest:<init> - email =
> jeffodonnell@comcast.net
> DEBUG 2007-10-23 11:04:08,583 WeblogCommentRequest:<init> - url =
> DEBUG 2007-10-23 11:04:08,583 WeblogCommentRequest:<init> - content =
> fifth test comment
> DEBUG 2007-10-23 11:04:08,583 WeblogCommentRequest:<init> - notify =
> false
> DEBUG 2007-10-23 11:04:08,583 WeblogCommentRequest:<init> - weblogAnchor
> = status1
>
> I could be wrong, as this could be referring to something else, but
> shouldn't notify = "true".  I've confirmed that I am in fact checking
> the box.  Any thoughts here?
>
> Roller version - 3.1
> OS - Windows XP
> Server/Container - Tomcat 5.5.23 (I've already replaced the buggy
> naming-factory.jar that was missing classes - originally caused problem
> of no mail notification at all)
> DB - MySQL 5.0.41

That does sound like a bug, but I haven't had time to verify it myself yet.

Please file a JIRA issue for it.

- Dave