Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by "Sykes, Phil" <Ph...@sungardhe.com> on 2009/01/19 14:54:55 UTC

Tuscany and Adobe Flex

Our application uses Adobe Flex for the UI.  I've been trying to use this with Tuscany.  We use Livecycle Data Services for communication between the UI and the server.  What I did was create a Tuscany implementation of the FlexFactory interface.  When an RPC call comes from Flex, the FlexFactory creates an ScaDomain and loads the services from there.  This is very similar to what we previously did for Spring.  This appears to work.  However what I'm wondering is, "is this the best way to approach this problem?"  Any other Flex users out there?  If so how do you handle communication with the server?

Thanks,

Phil

Philip Sykes * Principal Java Developer, Banner Product Engineering * SunGard Higher Education * 3 Country View Road, Malvern PA 19335 * Tel 610 578 5185 * Phil.Sykes@sungardhe.com<ma...@sungardhe.com> * www.sungardhe.com<http://www.sungardhe.com/>

Re: Tuscany and Adobe Flex

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 28, 2009, at 1:58 PM, Luciano Resende wrote:

> Looks interesting, and checking the BlazeDS license, looks like parts
> of it is available under MPL which is acceptable by Apache, so it's
> worth investigating the possibilities.

The BlazeDS license is LGPL v3, which is not acceptable for an Apache
project, as Raymond noted.

Adobe Flex SDK is covered by an Adobe Flex SDK license which would not
be acceptable, either. Though some portions of the SDK are MPL, but
that doesn't really help.

> Another option is to make this available in a google code project ?
> Looks like Ant has already created one for this purpose [2]

Hosting outside of Apache would be the only option to directly include
BlazeDS...

--kevan

Re: Tuscany and Adobe Flex

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

[1] http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/blazeds/License
[2] http://code.google.com/p/tuscany-extensions/

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk

RE: Tuscany and Adobe Flex

Posted by "Sykes, Phil" <Ph...@sungardhe.com>.

Re: Tuscany and Adobe Flex

Posted by Raj <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Phil

nice , seems existing.  can u elaborate how you did that ?

wot is the outcome of the server? .... i feel best approach is
implementation of XML RPC, SOAP . These are easy frm Flex point of view.

Regards
Raj