Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Calloway, Joshua" <Jo...@citadelgroup.com> on 2003/09/17 19:19:40 UTC

messing with the /actions in Domain.xml

Has anyone tried messing up the /actions in Domain.xml

Just for fun, I eliminated all of the /actions except /actions/read in
the Domain.xml

I then proceeded to delete those actions in the children and the objects
table.

I then added the action /action/rename2 in the Domain.xml

When I started tomcat server, and logged in through Jakarta client
program,

I saw the following from ls /actions

  /action/read

  /action/rename2

However I was still able to issue this command successfully

 Grant write on / to jcallowa

Correspondingly this command failed with error "Could not resolve
namespace for permission rename2"

  Grant rename2 on / to jcallowa

Does anyone have a clue as to why I saw this?

The domain.xml is

<<Domain.xml>>

-------------------------
-------------------------

CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY NOTICE

This e-mail contains information that may be confidential and
proprietary. It is to be read and used solely by the intended
recipient(s).
Citadel and its affiliates retain all proprietary rights they may have
in the
information. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify us
immediately either by reply e-mail or by telephone at 312-395-2100
and delete this e-mail (including any attachments hereto) immediately
without reading, disseminating, distributing or copying. We cannot give
any assurances that this e-mail and any attachments are free of viruses
and other harmful code. Citadel reserves the right to monitor, intercept
and block all communications involving its computer systems.

Re: messing with the /actions in Domain.xml

Posted by Peter Paulus <pa...@neroc.nl>.
on 9/17/03 19:19, Calloway, Joshua at Joshua.Calloway@citadelgroup.com
wrote:

Hello Joshua,

It looks to me like Domain.xml just contains the default values for when you
create the stores.

We are using the FileSystem for storage. In the root of the contentstore
there is a file named .def.xml. This contains the same values as Domain.xml
does for permissions. I've no experience with other types of stores.

Furthermore there are other xml files containing permissions:
       /               .def.xml
       /users      users.def.xml
/file           files.def.xml
/actions    actions.def.xml
/history    history.def.xml
/workspace workspace.def.xml
/workingresource workingresource.def.xml

Maybe in one of these files the there is still a permission that allows you
to set the write for jcallowa.

I haven't got a clue as to why your new permission is not recognized.

With kind regards,
Peter Paulus

Has anyone tried messing up the /actions in Domain.xml

Just for fun, I eliminated all of the /actions except /actions/read in the
Domain.xml

I then proceeded to delete those actions in the children and the objects
table.

I then added the action /action/rename2 in the Domain.xml

When I started tomcat server, and logged in through Jakarta client program,

I saw the following from ls /actions

  /action/read

  /action/rename2

However I was still able to issue this command successfully

 Grant write on / to jcallowa

Correspondingly this command failed with error ³Could not resolve namespace
for permission rename2²