Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Petr Nemecek <pn...@cmail.cz> on 2014/02/20 21:56:23 UTC

Tomcat 7.0.52/stdout & stderr not created

Hello,

I've been using Tomcat 7.0.47	on Windows Server 2012 R2.

Today I tried to update to 7.0.52, but had a problem, that even if the
configurations seem to be the same, *stdout*.log and *stderr*.log are not
created on logs folder for 7.0.52. In 7.0.47 (and previous versions) this
worked automatically without any additional configuration.

I tried to install 7.0.50, and both stdout and sterr are also automatically
created.

Is there any change in 7.0.52 from last versions?

Many thanks,
 Petr

P.S. When I start 7.0.52 using startup.bat, I normally see all the logs in
the console window.

Re: Tomcat 7.0.52/stdout & stderr not created

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
> Hello,
>
> I've been using Tomcat 7.0.47   on Windows Server 2012 R2.
>
> Today I tried to update to 7.0.52, but had a problem, that even if the
> configurations seem to be the same, *stdout*.log and *stderr*.log are not
> created on logs folder for 7.0.52. In 7.0.47 (and previous versions) this
> worked automatically without any additional configuration.

If you installed it with service.bat, then yes.

See "Re r1567742" thread on dev list
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tomcat-dev/201402.mbox/%3CCABzHfVngLtpr5LGB-igXSOAFt%2BrEg03co1DOHdZixe%2BSoxy9Rw%40mail.gmail.com%3E
-> Minor -> 2)

This is already fixed for 7.0.53.

You can edit those settings with Service Configuration application
(Tomcat7w.exe).