Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Jo...@Dell.com on 2015/03/27 23:13:47 UTC

SystemVM VMware deleted from VMFS Datastore

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential

Hello everyone,

Whilst cleaning up my VMFS datastore, cleaning up reminnats of virtual instances past, I accidently deleted the System VM template.

I have tried registering the template again which obviously fails. I have deployed the template ova to the ESX cluster. I am going to try cloning to a template and renaming that template to the old missing template name/id.

Question, Is there a place in the database to tell it the new template ID to use for System VMs, SSVM, Console Porxy, and virtual router.

If so, whats the commands/syntax?

It keeps trying to clone a template that isnt in the MVFS anymore. When I manually try cloning it, it of course says the template is  missing, which it is, because I deleted it.

Thanks.

Re: SystemVM VMware deleted from VMFS Datastore

Posted by Sanjeev N <sa...@apache.org>.
Remove the entry from template_spool_ref table and try again