Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ruchira <ru...@ecanarys.com> on 2007/02/16 11:44:40 UTC

Control/Restrict number of users using the system

hi,

 My problem is that i want to restrict no of user to use application.
     right now our application can be use by any no of user .i want to
restrict no of user for example if i want to restrict 50 user then 51st user
cant be able to use system.

Thanks and Regards
Ruchira

Re: Control/Restrict number of users using the system

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Control/Restrict number of users using the system

Posted by Karsten Voges <ka...@jato-consulting.de>.
I do not know if there is such a possibility within struts, but you can
restrict the access via your configuration of tomcat. There is a
parameter for setting a max. connections.
Or you solve it programmatically by saving a variable in you
servletContext increamenting after each login, but I am not sure if this
is a good solution.
Cheers,
Karsten.