Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Dino Valente <di...@3dstockcharts.com> on 2002/05/18 20:38:58 UTC

thread safety of the Fast Collections

I've noticed the implementation of the fast collections is not theoretically
thread safe. It is assuming that the atomic assignment operations are thread
safe. Please check the following link for the explanation:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/praxis/pr50.html

Any comments?

Dino

Re: thread safety of the Fast Collections

Posted by "Michael A. Smith" <ma...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 18 May 2002, Dino Valente wrote:
> I've noticed the implementation of the fast collections is not theoretically
> thread safe. It is assuming that the atomic assignment operations are thread
> safe. Please check the following link for the explanation:
>
> http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/praxis/pr50.html
>
> Any comments?

you must have just subscribed...

http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg06986.html