Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "fatos ." <fa...@hotmail.com> on 2004/05/19 10:56:11 UTC

'snapshot' from sourcefiles of different folders

<DIV class=RTE><BR>I have for example the following source files: <BR>calc/trunk/button.c <BR>calc/trunk/integer.c <BR>calc/trunk/double.c <BR>calc/trunk/real.c<BR>paint/trunk/foo.c <BR>paint/trunk/bar.c</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>but I want to create a tag from the following files: <BR>calc/trunk/button.c <BR>calc/trunk/integer.c <BR>paint/trunk/bar.c</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>

Re: 'snapshot' from sourcefiles of different folders

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 05:56, fatos . wrote:

> I have for example the following source files:
> calc/trunk/button.c
> calc/trunk/integer.c
> calc/trunk/double.c
> calc/trunk/real.c
> paint/trunk/foo.c
> paint/trunk/bar.c
>
> but I want to create a tag from the following files:
> calc/trunk/button.c
> calc/trunk/integer.c
> paint/trunk/bar.c

A subversion tag is not a "label" on a group of randomly selected
files.  It's a copy (snapshot) of a directory.

So the only way to accomplish this is to create a directory, copy
arbitrary files into it, then copy the directory.