Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Stefan Bischof <st...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/30 10:52:09 UTC

MINA Tutorial

Hi,

I am just getting started with MINA, so I tried the tutorial at
http://wiki.apache.org/directory/MinaTutorial .
The first example worked perfectly, but I have some problems with the
second one. When copying ReverseProtocolProvider I couldn't find
org.apache.mina.protocol.ProtocolProvider. Even the whole
org.apache.mina.protocol.* doesn't exist in my mina-jar. I am using MINA
1.0.1. I couldn't find ProtocolProvider in any other namespace.

What can I do to make this example work?
I want to get to know how I can use MINA. Do you have or know any other
tutorials or documentation?

cheers,
Stefan

Re: MINA Tutorial

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefan,

On 1/30/07, Stefan Bischof <st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am just getting started with MINA, so I tried the tutorial at
> http://wiki.apache.org/directory/MinaTutorial .
> The first example worked perfectly, but I have some problems with the
> second one. When copying ReverseProtocolProvider I couldn't find
> org.apache.mina.protocol.ProtocolProvider. Even the whole
> org.apache.mina.protocol.* doesn't exist in my mina-jar. I am using MINA
> 1.0.1. I couldn't find ProtocolProvider in any other namespace.
>
> What can I do to make this example work?
> I want to get to know how I can use MINA. Do you have or know any other
> tutorials or documentation?

The tutorial is out of date, and we are currently working on revamping the
documentation.  Please refer to our documentation page to browse the latest
examples.

http://mina.apache.org/documentation.html

Apologies,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6