Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Andreas Joseph Krogh <an...@officenet.no> on 2008/12/16 21:41:37 UTC

Problems compiling trunk (again)

Hi all.
After the merge of UnknownHandlerManager my "mvn install" on struts2/trunk fails:
/home/andreak/dev/struts2/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/apache/struts2/config/BeanSelectionProvider.java:[39,30] cannot find symbol
symbol  : class UnknownHandlerManager
location: package com.opensymphony.xwork2

I'm no maven expert, but I thought it was supposed to manage the dependancy of the new xwork for me. How do make it download and use the new xwork so that it compiles?

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <an...@officenet.no>
Senior Software Developer / CEO

Re: Problems compiling trunk (again)

Posted by Andreas Joseph Krogh <an...@officenet.no>.
On Tuesday 16 December 2008 21:44:04 Musachy Barroso wrote:
> You need to build xwork, or do a:
>
> mvn -P xwork install
>
> assuming the xwork is in ../xwork relative to the main pom.xml

Thanks.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
You need to build xwork, or do a:

mvn -P xwork install

assuming the xwork is in ../xwork relative to the main pom.xml

musachy

Posted by Andreas Joseph Krogh <an...@officenet.no>.
On Tuesday 16 December 2008 21:50:36 Dave Newton wrote:
> S2 is built from XWork: as I mentioned late last week, if you're building S2 from trunk you may have to build XWork from trunk as well.
>
> You can do that the way Musachy suggests, or build and install XWork separately.

Yeah. Last week I commented out the offending code as I just wanted to get the up to speed with struts-2.1 from trunk, but now I see that I cannot make that "short-cut" anymore. It works now after building and installing xwork2 from trunk.

Sorry for the noise.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
S2 is built from XWork: as I mentioned late last week, if you're building S2 from trunk you may have to build XWork from trunk as well.

You can do that the way Musachy suggests, or build and install XWork separately.

Dave