Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alexis LESAGE <al...@atosorigin.com> on 2001/11/06 19:42:39 UTC

tomcat-netscape: ClassPath Problem

Hi,

I've just plugged Tomcat 3.2.3 with NES 3.5.1 as in the how-to and it
seems to work fine. I just had to recompile the nsapi_redirector.so
for Solaris 5.6. The script under CVS works fine.

Now I'm facing a Class-Path Problem :
Using a simple HelloWorld.jsp page calling a class 'Hello' under
"...webapps/HelloWorld/WEB-INF/classes/myPackage/Hello.class"
I can see the famous 'HelloWorld' when using the build-in httpserver.
Let's say using http://server:8080/HelloWorld/HelloWorld.jsp

But not through the Netscape Server redirector although is is well configured
- /ROOT/tomcat/* is redirected  in obj.conf (NES side)
- /tomcat is mapped to /webapps in server.xml (Tomcat Side)
- I can run the tomcat examples through the NES port (80 not 8080 which
works of course )
but my HelloWorld fails ! http://server:80/tomcat/HelloWorld/HelloWorld.jsp

The JSP compilation says it can't find the myPackage.Hello class
I though classes and lib under WEB-INF were added to the class-path at
init time, not at JSP compilation time.

Can s.o explain why is the behaviour different in both cases ?

Alex