Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by miriam <mk...@qumas.com> on 2006/10/18 17:02:31 UTC

Problem with Tomcat 5.5.17 and LDAP binding

I am connecting to LDAP using Tomcat 5.5.12 and everything is fine. However,
when I change over to Tomcat 5.5.16, I can no longer connect to LDAP because
of a binding error.

The error I see is -

javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 1 - 00000000: LdapErr:
DSID-0C0905FF, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind
must be completed on the connection., data 0, vece  remaining name
'qtest\fmccarthy'
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.java:3025)

The cause of my problem is due to a change made to the JNDIRealm class, the
getUserByPattern(). The change made ( I don’t think) has not been documented
in the change log html. Two lines of code have been removed from the above
class and method. Basically, can you tell me why the change was made and
also can you tell me is there a complimentary change I need to make to my
code, to get the LDAP to work.

This the Realm that works with Tomcat 5.5.12, but doesn't work with Tomcat
5.5.16
<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm"
		connectionURL="ldap://1.0.0.0:389"
		userPattern="({0})"
		resourceName="UserDatabase" referrals="follow" />