Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Tangent <ta...@usa.net> on 2002/03/06 02:47:06 UTC

SVG->PNG - super large image

Hi,

I have a simple SVG file that has couple PNG files, I need to rasterize
it to a 5,400 by 18,000 PNG, I run into two issues.

1.  Rasterizer cannot work correctly unless I assign 1.5GB of memory to
it.

2.  The output PNG file cannot be opened by Photoshop 6.0 correctly, but
surprisingly the image viewer in Windows XP can deal with it.

I wonder if anyone has any clue or insides about this.

- Tangent

SVG->PNG - super large image

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

T> I have a simple SVG file that has couple PNG files, I need to
T> rasterize it to a 5,400 by 18,000 PNG, I run into two issues.

T> 1.  Rasterizer cannot work correctly unless I assign 1.5GB of
T> memory to it.

   This is largely due to the fact that the Batik Rasterizer is
oriented around a BufferedImage (which forces the entire image to be
in memory at once).  The basic infrastructure of Batik does not
require this in any way shape or form, but you would have to write
some code to get around it....

T> 2.  The output PNG file cannot be opened by Photoshop 6.0
T> correctly, but surprisingly the image viewer in Windows XP can deal
T> with it.

   I have no idea what the problem would be.