Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Petr Novak <os...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/24 13:35:14 UTC

Does Spark Driver works with HDFS in HA mode

Hello,
if our Hadoop cluster is configured with HA and "fs.defaultFS" points to a
namespace instead of a namenode hostname - hdfs://<namespace_name>/ - then
our Spark job fails with exception. Is there anything to configure or it is
not implemented?

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.spark.SparkException: Job aborted due
to stage failure: Task 0 in stage 1.0 failed 4 times, most recent failure:
Lost task 0.3 in stage 1.0 (TID 4, <hostanme>):

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.net.UnknownHostException:
*<namespace_name>*

Many thanks,
P.

Re: Does Spark Driver works with HDFS in HA mode

Posted by Petr Novak <os...@gmail.com>.
Thank you. HADOOP_CONF_DIR has been missing.

Posted by Matt Narrell <ma...@gmail.com>.