Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Steve Vaughan <em...@stevevaughan.me> on 2023/02/09 17:53:53 UTC

Feedback on Mini cluster pull request to address flakiness

I'd appreciate some feedback from this list on the patches to uses of Mini cluster.  The updates are intended to cut out many cases of flakiness by ensuring that each cluster instance has its own space.  The goal is to reduce the spurious failures that slow down submissions.  I've started with the uses that cropped up most often in my experience, but I'd like to expand it to all cases.

https://github.com/apache/hadoop/pull/4835
[https://opengraph.githubassets.com/8f166794efb2a4051a4a0de8d1ec65898743d5e7cf0f65b9d0f3d4d0b0624083/apache/hadoop/pull/4835]<https://github.com/apache/hadoop/pull/4835>
HDFS-16740. Mini cluster test flakiness by snmvaughan · Pull Request #4835 · apache/hadoop<https://github.com/apache/hadoop/pull/4835>
Description of PR Mini clusters used during HDFS unit tests are reporting test failures that do not appear to be directly related to submitted changes. The failures are the result of either intera...
github.com