Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Gregor Melhorn <g....@web.de> on 2005/09/12 01:17:04 UTC

Newbie: How to write custom engine service?

Hello tapestry users,

I'd like to write a service that allows me to include images from a
seperate image server on the site. For still having relatively secure
images without needing session replication between the servers, I will
use HMAC protected URLs, consisting of a kind of signature that will
be appended to the URL from the service and can be verified by the
image server.

Is there anything that would help me getting started in writing a
custom service? I own a copy of "tapestry in action", but things have
changed quite a bit - I'm using tapestry 4.0b6

Best regards
Gregor Melhorn

Re: Newbie: How to write custom engine service?

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Gregor Melhorn <g.melhorn <at> web.de> writes:

> Is there anything that would help me getting started in writing a
> custom service? I own a copy of "tapestry in action", but things have
> changed quite a bit - I'm using tapestry 4.0b6

Implement IEngineService and then add a contribution to the
configuration point tapestry.services.ApplicationServices.
There is an example in chapter 8 of my book.

--
Author of an e-Book for learning Tapestry (http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)