Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Israel Guerra <is...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/21 15:16:54 UTC

Examples apps

Hi all.

I installed tomcat in a ubuntu box.

I load the welcome page normally, but when i try to see some example (links
in the menu to the right), or see manager interface, i get the  "resource is
not available" page.

I have done some search in google but didnt get anything that could solve
it.

Cant anyone help me?

Best regards,

--
Guerra

RE: Examples apps

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Israel Guerra [mailto:israel.guerra@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Examples apps
>
> No, i got the pacakge from the apache tomcat website.

Have you looked in the Tomcat logs for any problems?

What Tomcat version did you install?

What JVM are you using?

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

Re: Examples apps

Posted by Israel Guerra <is...@gmail.com>.
Oooops, my error!

Its in the left! hahahahha

No, i got the pacakge from the apache tomcat website.

Thanks for the asnwer!

On 9/21/07, Caldarale, Charles R <Ch...@unisys.com> wrote:

> > From: Israel Guerra [mailto:israel.guerra@gmail.com]
> > Subject: Examples apps
> >
> > I installed tomcat in a ubuntu box.
> >
> > I load the welcome page normally, but when i try to see some
> > example (links in the menu to the right)
>
> Odd - the standard Tomcat welcome page has such links on the left.
>
> > or see manager interface, i get the  "resource is
> > not available" page.
>
> Did you install a real Tomcat or some 3rd-party repackged junk?  If the
> latter, get rid of it and download & install a proper one from
> http://tomcat.apache.org.
>
> Also make sure you have a real JVM installed, not the GNU one.
> - Chuck

Guerra

RE: Examples apps

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.