Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by tomcat <to...@1bigthink.com> on 2007/05/17 23:05:20 UTC

Suspected mod_jk connection problems

Hello All,

I have a server that is not too heavily trafficked (yet!) that, to
the user appears to hang on pages. This appears to be happening most
often to users outside my network, as it has not been encountered by
our developers unless they are working from home.

I am not seeing any network issues, internally, but I do see these
errors in my jk.log quite a lot:

[error] ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (1659): Client connection
aborted or network problems

I've looked this error up in my search engines with no hits. Any
suggestions on what to look for or how to clear this up?

Configuration:
CentOS 4.4
Apache 2.0.52
Jakarta-Tomcat 5.5.7
mod_jk-1.2.8

Thanks,
Glenn

Re: Suspected mod_jk connection problems

Posted by Pid <p...@pidster.com>.
Martin Gainty wrote:
> I used to work with a Sys Admin whose expertise was chaing the sys admin
> password
> when asked about issues such as interconnecting thru Pix he would say
> let me get back to you..it sounds like this sys admin is working for you
> now
> Anyway here is a quick tutorial on configuring pix
> http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/wiki/index.php/Quick_HOWTO_:_Ch02_:_Introduction_to_Networking
>
> You'll have to do some fun things like setting up arp tables and such
> This will guarantee that IP x.x.x.x:PortX will be forwarded to
> y.y.y.y:PortY
> the other thing that you can do is open up your subnet mask which is
> probably set to something massively restrictive like 255.255.255.254
> HTH/

Uh, what?