Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Tom Lancaster <to...@redhat.com> on 2000/08/19 00:07:17 UTC

Anyone get Apache::PerlVINC to work?

I get the behaviour described in the BUGS section of the docs: server
silently fails to start.
However, I'm using the latest version of Apache::ExtUtils, as
recommended.

Also using mod_perl 1.22, Apache 1.3.12, Apache::ASP 2.03.

Has anyone got PerlVINC to work with this combo?

Tom

Re: Connect the dots on Apache::Cookie

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, Christopher Louis Everett wrote:

> Stas Bekman wrote:
> >
> <snip>
> >
> > I'm not sure how much this will be of a tutorial but try:
> > http://thingy.kcilink.com/modperlguide/porting/Starting_with_mod_cgi_Compatible.html
> >
> This is to say then, that one uses Apache::Cookie, just like one would
> use CGI::Cookie?

more or less, yes, but faster since its core is written in C/XS

> Everett
>
> PS. Thanks for the mod_perl guide, I wouldn't be this far along without
> it.

You are very welcome :)

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://jazzvalley.com
http://singlesheaven.com http://perlmonth.com   perl.org   apache.org

Re: Connect the dots on Apache::Cookie

Posted by Christopher Louis Everett <ce...@ceverett.com>.

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Re: Anyone get Apache::PerlVINC to work?

Posted by Dave Moore <da...@epals.com>.
sorry for the late reply but......

i've never personally used PerlVINC on any version of mod_perl < 1.24, i
had experienced the silent death on startup problem myself with both
versions of VINC. upgrading Apache::ExtUtils fixed it for me. the fix is
not part of any official mod_perl release. ie you have to get it from the
cvs snapshot.

http://perl.apache.org/from-cvs/modperl/

you dont need to install the whole thing, just the latest version of
Apache::ExtUtils. its needed for when you compile and install PerlVINC.
the version you need is 1.04 and the version that comes with mod_perl 1.24
is 1.03. just run this on the command line to see which version you have:

perl -MApache::ExtUtils -e'print $Apache::ExtUtils::VERSION."\n";'

even with this, i dont know for sure that it (VINC) will work with any
version mod_perl before 1.24. i simply dont have the time to test against
every version. if you cant get it to work with 1.22, maybe it is time for
an upgrade.

dave

--
Dave Moore
Web Application Developer

ePALS Classroom Exchange
http://www.epals.com/
Connecting more than 1.9 million students and teachers in 182 countries!

Re: Anyone get Apache::PerlVINC to work?

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Posted by Tom Lancaster <to...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Tom Lancaster wrote:

> Doug MacEachern wrote:
>
> > the suggestion was to upgrade Apache::ExtUtils (to cvs version, w/ bug
> > fix), which generates PerlVINC.xs.
>
> Where can I find this?

% perldoc mod_perl_cvs

Re: Anyone get Apache::PerlVINC to work?

Posted by Tom Lancaster <to...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.