Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by ri...@cardsetc.com on 2002/01/29 23:53:58 UTC

SOAP in Applets: the JAXP problem :P

Dear All,

I seem to remember this being thrown around a little while ago, but can't
find any firm answer:

Is it possible to use Apache SOAP from inside an applet WITHOUT modifying
the java.security (or java.policy) file? There seems to be an (unnecessary)
dependency on JAXP for reading user information (or something)?

If this is not 'officially' going to be removed, has anybody managed to
hack it out of the source?

I'm pretty sure my classpath is okay because everything works once
java.security IS modified.

Many thanks in advance,

Richard.

Re: SOAP in Applets: the JAXP problem :P

Posted by Mark Childerson <ma...@childersoft.com>.
We got it to work in applets with the Java plugin. I recall that the only
policy issue was in the code where it read a system property to control
whether a debug flag was set to true or false. We just set it always to
false without checking, and the problem went away. Let me know if you need
more details.

Mark.

Posted by Mark Childerson <ma...@childersoft.com>.