Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Jeffrey Freeman <je...@syncleus.com> on 2015/06/24 02:47:45 UTC

A new ORM/OGM based on Tinkerpop and a replacement for Frames

Hello everyone. I just wanted everyone to know I wrote a library called
Ferma which acts as a ORM/OGM for graph databases. That is, it acts as an
abstraction layer so that you can easily get up and working with any graph
database and the same code will work even when you switch one graph
database back end with another. The Ferma library right now stands to be
the best choice out there considering the competition, those being Frames
and Totorom. Ferma is backwards compatible (mostly) with Frames, providing
all the same features and many additional ones. More importantly in
benchmarks Ferma is shown to be 2x - 4x faster than Frames. Similarly
Totorom provides access to a gremlin pipeline but lacks any additional
features. Ferma is also forked from Totorom code so includes all the
features of Totorom but also outperforms Totorom in benchmarks and provides
many additional features as well. Overall, in my biased opinion, Ferma is
by far the best choice out there for an ORM/OGM. With that said I'd love to
hear any design feedback from users and see what you guys think. At the
bottom I've included a link to the github project as well as the wiki
documentation for the project.

I would like to make this the "Official" ORM/OGM for TP2 and TP3, so any
and all feedback is always most welcome!

https://github.com/Syncleus/Ferma

http://wiki.syncleus.com/index.php/Ferma

http://wiki.syncleus.com/index.php/Ferma:Comparing_the_Alternatives