Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Hutson Carspecken <hu...@myprivacypolicy.com> on 2003/07/17 20:34:29 UTC

Plans to Shift from Current Connection Pool to Another In Next Version

Noel,

I wrote about the connection pool and have since done a considerable amount of reading on the JDBC API implimentation of connection pools.  Thank you, I was farther behind than I expected.

You mentioned that JAMES is moving to another version of connection pooling.  As I would like to stay in the realm of JAMES as much as possible, could you please elaborate on that future move?

Hut

RE: Plans to Shift from Current Connection Pool to Another In Next Version

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
A change of connection pool is supposed to be transparent to client code.
There will be a non-transparent change in James v3, but that is simply to
provide the data source via a different mechanism (probably JNDI), instead
of Avalon.