Posted to user@spark.apache.org by sim <si...@swoop.com> on 2015/08/09 05:47:47 UTC

Re: Schema change on Spark Hive (Parquet file format) table not working

Yes, I've found a number of problems with metadata management in Spark SQL.

One core issue is  SPARK-9764
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-9764>  . Related issues are
SPARK-9342 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-9342>  ,  SPARK-9761
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-9761>   and  SPARK-9762
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-9762>  .

I've also observed a case where, after an exception in ALTER TABLE, Spark
SQL thought a table had 0 rows while, in fact, all the data was still there.
I was not able to reproduce this one reliably so I did not create a JIRA
issue for it.

Let's vote for these issues and get them resolved.