Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Edwin Ansicodd <er...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/04 17:17:35 UTC

Unable to scan file during initialization java.lang.NullPointerException

I'm getting the following error when deploying a .war file to geronimo 2.1.2
deploy folder:

Geronimo Application Server started
16:32:21,234 ERROR [DirectoryMonitor] Unable to scan file
C:\Programme\Apache Software Foundation\geronimo-2.1.2\deploy\JPS.war during
initialization
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.hot.DirectoryHotDeployer.getDeploymentTime(DirectoryHotDeployer.java:237)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.hot.DirectoryMonitor.initialize(DirectoryMonitor.java:240)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.hot.DirectoryMonitor.run(DirectoryMonitor.java:213)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any ideas?

Re: Unable to scan file during initialization java.lang.NullPointerException

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 4, 2009, at 11:17 AM, Edwin Ansicodd wrote:

> I'm getting the following error when deploying a .war file to
> geronimo 2.1.2
> deploy folder:
>
> Geronimo Application Server started
> 16:32:21,234 ERROR [DirectoryMonitor] Unable to scan file
> C:\Programme\Apache Software Foundation\geronimo-2.1.2\deploy
> \JPS.war during
> initialization
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at
> org
> .apache
> .geronimo
> .deployment
> .hot
> .DirectoryHotDeployer.getDeploymentTime(DirectoryHotDeployer.java:237)
> 	at
> org
> .apache
> .geronimo
> .deployment.hot.DirectoryMonitor.initialize(DirectoryMonitor.java:240)
> 	at
> org
> .apache
> .geronimo.deployment.hot.DirectoryMonitor.run(DirectoryMonitor.java:
> 213)
> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>
> Any ideas?

I'd say the deployment is failing and we're not handling it very well...

Anything in your server log? You'd probably get more information by
using the deploy.sh/deploy.bat command.

Assuming I'm correct, fixing the deployment error would address your
problem. However, we should handle the failure better than this. If
you could raise a Jira, that would be good...

--kevan