Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Torsten Förtsch <to...@gmx.net> on 2010/08/19 19:54:55 UTC

Failed to find a config file to save the custom configuration in

Hi,

I'm getting '[  error] Failed to find a config file to save the custom
configuration in' during one of my tests.

The code (spec file) looks like:

export APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES=1
%perl Makefile.PL -apxs=%{apxs}
make %{?jobs:-j%jobs} &&
t/TEST -apxs %{apxs} -httpd_conf %{sysconfdir}/original/httpd-modperl.conf

So, APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES is set and it shouldn't reach at all the
place where the error is printed. The test uses Apache::Test in a <perl>
section in extra.last.conf.in:

<Perl>
use Util::Search;
use Apache::Test;
use Apache::TestUtil qw/t_catfile/;

$My::Search=Util::Search-
>new(config=>Apache::Test::vars(qw/t_dir/).'/config');

I believe the APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES is not propagated to the
Apache environment. And hence is tries to save the custom config. Does that
sound reasonable?

If yes, I think the place to fix it is in
Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestConfigPerl.pm:

# propogate PerlPassEnv settings to the server
sub configure_env {
    my $self = shift;
    $self->preamble(IfModule => 'mod_perl.c',
                    [ qw(PerlPassEnv APACHE_TEST_TRACE_LEVEL
                         PerlPassEnv HARNESS_PERL_SWITCHES)
                    ]);
}

Shouldn't APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES be added to this list?

Torsten Förtsch

Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net

Re: Failed to find a config file to save the custom configuration in

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.

Absolutely.

+1

On 08/19/10 17:54, Torsten Förtsch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting '[  error] Failed to find a config file to save the custom
> configuration in' during one of my tests.
>
> The code (spec file) looks like:

> export APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES=1
> %perl Makefile.PL -apxs=%{apxs}
> make %{?jobs:-j%jobs} &&
> t/TEST -apxs %{apxs} -httpd_conf %{sysconfdir}/original/httpd-modperl.conf
>
> So, APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES is set and it shouldn't reach at all the
> place where the error is printed. The test uses Apache::Test in a <perl>
> section in extra.last.conf.in:

> <Perl>
> use Util::Search;
> use Apache::Test;
> use Apache::TestUtil qw/t_catfile/;
>
> $My::Search=Util::Search-
>> new(config=>Apache::Test::vars(qw/t_dir/).'/config');
>
> I believe the APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES is not propagated to the
> Apache environment. And hence is tries to save the custom config. Does that
> sound reasonable?
>
> If yes, I think the place to fix it is in
> Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestConfigPerl.pm:

> # propogate PerlPassEnv settings to the server
> sub configure_env {
>     my $self = shift;
>     $self->preamble(IfModule => 'mod_perl.c',
>                     [ qw(PerlPassEnv APACHE_TEST_TRACE_LEVEL
>                          PerlPassEnv HARNESS_PERL_SWITCHES)
>                     ]);
> }
>
> Shouldn't APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES be added to this list?
>
> Torsten Förtsch

- --
VP Apache Infrastructure; Member, Apache Software Foundation
Committer,                        FreeBSD Foundation
Consultant,                       P6M7G8 Inc.
Sr. System Admin,                 Ridecharge Inc.

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.