Posted to user@poi.apache.org by sp0065 <sp...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/04 08:19:23 UTC

Problem with removing some slides with src.removeSlide()

I found a problem with removing some slides. It is only happening for some
slides in some presentations.

I have a three-slide presentation. src.removeSlide(1) removes slide 2 (1 in
0-base). Slide 2 is not there when I open output presentation in PowerPoint
but these files are still inside of the output file:

ppt/slides/slide2.xml
ppt/slides/_rels/slide2.xml

I did not have this problem with removing slide 1 or 3. Files slide1.xml,
slide3.xml were removed.

This is not a major issue because slide 2 is not visible and its content is
not indexed in my repository I am submitting slides to but I thought I would
let you know.

Below is my program I run. I cannot attach my problematic source three-slide
presentation here (let me know if I can send it over email).

Thank you.

import java.io.*;
import org.apache.poi.xslf.usermodel.*;
/**
 * Remove slide
*/
public final class SplitPresentations {
		XMLSlideShow ppt_exc = new XMLSlideShow();
		for(String arg : args){
			FileInputStream is = new FileInputStream(arg);
			XMLSlideShow src = new XMLSlideShow(is);
			is.close();
			//remove slide 2 (1 zero base)
			src.removeSlide(1);
			FileOutputStream out = new FileOutputStream("Present_without_sl_2.pptx");
			src.write(out);
			out.close();
		}
	}
}

Re: Problem with removing some slides with src.removeSlide()

Posted by sp0065 <sp...@gmail.com>.
The reasons for the src.removeSlide(1) not removing files

ppt/slides/slide2.xml
ppt/slides/_rels/slide2.xml

related to slide 2 (1 in zero base) was that slide 2 was referenced in
/ppt/notesSlides/_rels/notesSlide1.xml.rels

as:

<Relationship Id="rId2"
Type="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/officeDocument/2006/relationships/slide"
Target="../slides/slide2.xml"/>

even there were no notes attached to any slide.

So I guess that is problem of "incorrect" structure of the source PPTX file.