Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by Antoine Sabot-Durand <an...@sabot-durand.net> on 2014/06/23 20:52:58 UTC

Documentation proposal

Hi all,

This week-end I wanted to check out documentation source to see how to contribute to it.
I took me a lot of time to find where the doc source are. I finally found it in the mailing list thanks to Rafael ;).

That brought me to a more general reflexion around Deltaspike documentation. Here are my 2 cents :

1) Shouldn’t we at least put a link to the site svn to give opportunity to more people to contribute to the doc ?
2) Shouldn’t we move the doc to the project to have it at he same place than the code ?
3) Shouldn’t we use a doc generator that could also produce PDF to have an offline manual (a lot of my former coworkers use to read documentation while commuting). Asciidoctor is my better known tool (I’m using it to manage and generate CDI specification doc) and markdown can be easily translate to asciidoc, but it can be something else.

As a first significant contribution to the project I propose doing 2 and 3.

WDYT?

Antoine Sabot-Durand
———————————————
Twitter : @antoine_sd
CDI co-spec lead & eco-system development
Agorava tech lead

Re: Documentation proposal

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
You are right but pretty sure that's not what we want. What we want to do
is to adjust CMS to match our need. I mean CMS was created to get a
consistent doc solution. If some features are missing then we need to add
them. We can first add them to DS only then see if we can generalize them
(we can add a jar in site libs and call it from perl so we can still rely
on java if needed ;)).

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/