Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/13 16:09:11 UTC

Re: Code coverage -- sane vs insane builds

> Hmm, if there's code covered by insane builds which is not covered by sane builds, is that really a problem? We would just have
> to make sure that regressions are ran against insane jars and all would be well. Or am I missing something?

I think one issue is that we may find that a substantial amount of the "missing"
code coverage is due to extra sanity checking code that is only exercised in
the sane builds.

So in fact that code *is* covered by our test suite; we just couldn't tell because
we weren't running Emma in the sane configuration.

thanks,

bryan