Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Nicola Dal Pont <ae...@aekidna.it> on 2001/08/24 09:55:22 UTC

Problems compiling Embperl with mod_perl support

Hi everybody,

I'm triyng for a long time to compile and use Embperl with support for
mod_perl.

perl Makefile.PL works and asks me for the apache source tree.

Then I try to run make and WYSIWIG (What you see is what I get).

/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _embperl_module
Embperl.o definition of _embperl_module in section (__DATA,__common)
epmain.o definition of _embperl_module in section (__DATA,__common)
epio.o definition of _embperl_module in section (__DATA,__common)
epchar.o definition of _embperl_module in section (__DATA,__common)
epcmd.o definition of _embperl_module in section (__DATA,__common)
eputil.o definition of _embperl_module in section (__DATA,__common)
epeval.o definition of _embperl_module in section (__DATA,__common)
epapinit.o definition of _embperl_module in section (__DATA,__data)
make: *** [blib/arch/auto/HTML/Embperl/Embperl.bundle] Error 1

what's the matter?

Thanks you all.
Aekidna

Re: Problems compiling Embperl with mod_perl support

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> /usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _embperl_module
> Embperl.o definition of _embperl_module in section (__DATA,__common)
> epmain.o definition of _embperl_module in section (__DATA,__common)

Which OS you are running on ?

Which version of Embperl you are using ?

I guess it's 1.3.2 or 1.3.3. Could try 1.3.1 ? Does this work ?

Gerald