Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Aaron Evans <aa...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/24 21:53:43 UTC

Tip: building Jetspeed 2.0 from binary

I was doing a build from binary of Jetspeed 2.0 on a new dev machine
today and ran into the following problem while running
j2:portal.genapp (with maven 1.0.2)

I kept getting a 302 when it was trying to download hsqldb-1.8.0.2.jar
producing:

#########################

Attempting to download hsqldb-1.8.0.2.jar.
Error retrieving artifact from [ http://cvs.apache.org/repository/hsqldb/jars/hs
qldb-1.8.0.2.jar]: java.io.IOException: Unknown error downloading; status code w
as: 302
WARNING: Failed to download hsqldb-1.8.0.2.jar.
The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied dependency:

hsqldb-1.8.0.2.jar

Of course, 302 is just a redirect, so it is too bad maven can't deal
with this.  So I put
http://cvs.apache.org/repository/hsqldb/jars/hsqldb-1.8.0.2.jar in my
browser and found that I got redirected to people.apache.org.

So, I added 'http://people.apache.org/repository' to the list of sites
specified by the maven.repo.remote property in my build.properties
file and this solved the problem.

HTH somebody,
aaron