Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2010/04/18 07:14:47 UTC

[VOTE] Shall we release hbase-0.20.4 Release Candidate 1 as hbase-0.20.4?

I've posted an hbase 0.20.4 release candidate here:

  http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.20.4-candidate-1/

Should we release this candidate as hbase 0.20.4?

In includes some critical fixes and some performance enhancements (See
CHANGES.txt or http://su.pr/4QEGFv for the list of over 100 issues
addressed by this candidate).

Please take it for a test spin if you have a chance.  Vote closes
Sunday, the 24th of April.

Yours,
The HBase Team

Re: [VOTE] Shall we release hbase-0.20.4 Release Candidate 1 as hbase-0.20.4?

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 9:02 AM, Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org> wrote:
>> You mean this page:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.20.4-candidate-1/hbase-0.20.4/docs/
>>
>> What is missing?
>
> Well the page has 4 items, on the left I see 9 items. Originally those
> two were kept in sync.

Oh, you are saying that the navbar and the index page should have same
number of items?  That what is in the navbar should be here in the
main index page for the doc?

I don't think those were ever in sync; e.g. we didn't have link to
overview and mailing lists in main page.

Hope you don't mind that I go ahead an roll an RC2, given that the
javadoc and  Ryans' 2248 bug have been fixed, while you are sleeping
in your Lucerne bed.......

St.Ack

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
> You mean this page:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.20.4-candidate-1/hbase-0.20.4/docs/
>
> What is missing?

Well the page has 4 items, on the left I see 9 items. Originally those
two were kept in sync.

> File an issue.
>
> I don't think a doc issue enough to sink the RC but if we cut a new
> one, we can update this.

Yep

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
Ok I fixed the javadoc in both branches.

-ryan

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stack <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
That explains why PE was useless also in this case.

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
Here is the JIRA:

I think a trivial fix to the existing unit tests can cover this case,
since they are validating the return count, but not the contents.
Just add in a bit of content validation and we should be good.

-ryan

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Ok, the RC is sunk.

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.

On Apr 20, 2010 8:54 AM, "Stack" <st...@duboce.net> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 2:01 AM, Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This rc cannot be officia...
Is that a +1 or -1 from you?  What is the RC-sinking issue that you
are referring to?
St.Ack

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
This rc cannot be official... Todd found a bug and I sent him a

Posted by Amandeep Khurana <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@yahoo.com>.
+1

It made it through a complete benchmark set up on EC2.

   - Andy