Posted to netcat@netbeans.apache.org by jo...@cenpalab.cu on 2018/03/17 02:57:31 UTC

Re: [MASSMAIL]Warning on starting NetBeans (Build #369)

March 16, 2018 9:59 PM, "Rick Hegarty" <sk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I don't know whether this is worth worrying about, but just in case...
>
> * I just downloaded and unzipped recent build #369 of NetBeans from
> https://builds.apache.org/job/incubator-netbeans-linux
> * I ran netbeans\bin\netbeans64.exe on my Win 10 machine.
> * On startup NetBeans displayed a large warning screen, the first message being Warning - could not
> install some modules. See the attached screen shot.
> * I clicked the button Disable Modules and Continue, and everything seems fine so far.
> * Help -> About shows Product Version: Apache NetBeans IDE Dev (Build
> incubator-netbeans-linux-369-on-20180316)
> * This definitely did not occur with the last build I installed (#366).
>
> I'm guessing that this is a non-issue and expected behavior, but I thought I'd let everyone know
> just in case there is a problem.
>
> Rick

This happens to me on bad downloads, test the zip file with 7-zip or something to check this. Or just redownload. I find setting the download manager to single thread works best for apache netbeans incubator.

Joe1962

Re: [MASSMAIL]Warning on starting NetBeans (Build #369)

Posted by Jiří Kovalský <ji...@oracle.com>.
Dne 17.3.2018 v 05:39 Rick Hegarty napsal(a):

> - As another separate issue with build #369, *Java Shell* is shown as an
> installed plugin which is not active, but I cannot activate it because the
> *Activate* button is disabled after I select that plugin; all I can do is
> uninstall it.

It does not hurt to file a ticket but if you use JDK 8 it's probably
correct if you cannot activate Java Shell on this platform.

-Jirka

Re: [MASSMAIL]Warning on starting NetBeans (Build #369)

Posted by Rick Hegarty <sk...@gmail.com>.
Jose,

Thanks for the  suggestions. I repeated the download of build #369 twice
and get the same file size every time: 165,923,208 bytes. AVG and 7-Zip
also pass the downloaded zip file so it doesn't seem to be a download issue.

Also:
- I don't understand why NetBeans is even trying to install those modules
on startup, as shown in the screen shot in my previous post. (*IBM
WebSphere Application Server*???!!!)
- If I go to *Tools -> Plugins -> Installed* I see the modules in the
screen shot as installed, but not active. (And this is after I have
successfully installed all the other plugins of category *Java Web and EE*.)
- If I check the plugins which are not active and click *Activate* I get an
error screen with the message *Activation Failed* and the following
additional information:

*Activation failed: Not all requested modules can be enabled: [*
*StandardModule:org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.geronimo2 jarFile:
C:\Users\johndoe\AppData\Roaming\NetBeans\dev\modules\org-netbeans-modules-j2ee-geronimo2.jar,
*
*StandardModule:org.netbeans.modules.websvc.jaxrpckit jarFile:
C:\Users\johndoe\AppData\Roaming\NetBeans\dev\modules\org-netbeans-modules-websvc-jaxrpckit.jar,
*
*StandardModule:org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.oc4j jarFile:
C:\Users\johndoe\AppData\Roaming\NetBeans\dev\modules\org-netbeans-modules-j2ee-oc4j.jar,
*
*StandardModule:org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.sun.ws7 jarFile:
C:\Users\johndoe\AppData\Roaming\NetBeans\dev\modules\org-netbeans-modules-j2ee-sun-ws7.jar,
*
*StandardModule:org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.websphere6 jarFile:
C:\Users\johndoe\AppData\Roaming\NetBeans\dev\modules\org-netbeans-modules-j2ee-websphere6.jar,
*
*StandardModule:org.netbeans.modules.cloud.oracle jarFile:
C:\Users\johndoe\AppData\Roaming\NetBeans\dev\modules\org-netbeans-modules-cloud-oracle.jar,
*
*StandardModule:org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.jetty jarFile:
C:\Users\johndoe\AppData\Roaming\NetBeans\dev\modules\org-netbeans-modules-j2ee-jetty.jar*
*]*
- As a separate issue it looks like  bug NETBEANS-461
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-461> was possibly supposed
to have been fixed by this release but that is not the case. I still can't
use an external browser with NetBeans build #369.
- As another separate issue with build #369, *Java Shell* is shown as an
installed plugin which is not active, but I cannot activate it because the
*Activate* button is disabled after I select that plugin; all I can do is
uninstall it.

*Hermien/Jirka => Please advise whether I should create a Bug Report for
any of these issues.*

Rick

Virus-free.
www.avg.com