Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID> on 2021/09/23 18:12:57 UTC

some draft for DS-2.0

hi!

I've migrated a few things over to the jakarta namespace and started dropping a few old features.
Right now it's just core which I got working, but will now also move over module by module.

The draft can be viewed here: https://github.com/struberg/deltaspike/tree/fb_ds20 <https://github.com/struberg/deltaspike/tree/fb_ds20>
What branch name do we want to give it finally? Take the chance to switch to 'main' and somewhat later rename the master branch to mt_ds1.x?

How did I proceed?
I did not yet delete anything. Pieces which I do not see as part of DS-2.0 got moved to an 'obsolete' directory with the same structure. If we figure that we do still want to keep some of the features, then we can simply move those files back without loosing any history.

Happ to get feedback!

LieGrue,
strub

Re: some draft for DS-2.0

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Without feature change I would still prefer the shade/relocation + bom
option instead of 2 branches (recall you didnt maintain your
geronimo-config branches? ;))

Romain Manni-Bucau

Re: some draft for DS-2.0

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.