Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gajo Csaba <cs...@enyem.com> on 2007/02/18 10:58:00 UTC

How to use a simple XSP page?

Hello everyone!

I've just started learning cocoon. I passed the basics of transforming an
xml into html with my own stylesheet, and now I want to do some basic
action with an XSP page. I used the tutorial from the Cocoon web site:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/xsp/logicsheet.html as well as
others on that site.

Basically the problem I'm having is that when I create an XSP file, let's
say test.xsp, I get an error saying that the file is not associated with a
pipeline. Since on the Apache site it is not mentioned how should I
configure XSP pages, I wrote this into my sitemap:

<map:match pattern="**.xsp">
   <map:generate type="serverpages" src="/docs/{1}.xsp"/>
   <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

And I always get the following error:

UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint
[xsp] (key [xsp])
file:/D:/cocoon/build/webapp/tutor2/sitemap.xmap - 76:22	<map:serialize>
file:/D:/cocoon/build/webapp/tutor2/sitemap.xmap - 75:65	<map:generate
type="serverpages">
file:/D:/cocoon/build/webapp/sitemap.xmap - 1035:92	<map:mount>

As far as I understand this it says it cannot find a component to
transform the XSP page into an XML. Could someone provide me with a proper
configuration? What should I enter into my site map so that XSP pages
would work?

For example, I created this XSP page:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsp:page xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp">

	<xsp:logic>
		// this could be arbitrarily complex Java code, JDBC queries, etc.
		String msg = "Hello, world!";
	</xsp:logic>

	<greeting>
		<xsp:expr>msg</xsp:expr>
	</greeting>

</xsp:page>

It should generate an XML with "Hello world" between the <greeting> tags.
Then this XML should be transformed to HTML. How do I do this? By placing
the test.xsp simply into the docs directory I only get the error, there
doesn't seem to be an auto-configuration.

Thanks, Csaba

Re: How to use a simple XSP page?

Posted by Gajo Csaba <cs...@enyem.com>.
OK solved the problem... deleted everything and built Cocoon from scratch,
now it's working.

Re: How to use a simple XSP page?

Posted by Gajo Csaba <cs...@enyem.com>.
Oh yeah, and might I add that when I try to access one of the samples that
also uses XSP, for exmaple

http://localhost:8080/cocoon/samples/simpleform/one/index

I also get the error. So it is obviously a problem with Cocoon as a whole.
But I have not changed anything on Cocoon, I just downloaded, unpacked and
built it yesterday. Why is it not working?

Csaba