Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Nord, James" <JN...@nds.com> on 2009/03/17 12:05:18 UTC

Release plug-in failing to resolve env vars.

Hi all,

A while ago I had a problem with my settings containing environment
variables that failed during any forked maven process[1].  This was my
fault as I was referencing ${bob} and not ${env.bob}
I changed this - and all was well in the world for a while - but I
cleaned out my local repostitory and things are failing again.

Tested with 2.0.9, 2.0.10, 2.1.0-RC3

A simple test project and settings.xml is attached - Am I doing
something incorrect or is this a maven bug?

D:\workspaces\svn_all\maven\sandbox\james\buildenvtests\trunk\anothertes
t>set | grep proxyURL
proxyURL=http://nexus/nexus/content/repositories

both builds fail as they beleive "env.proxyURL" is undefined - but this
is set as a user variable in windows.

/James

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-users/200901.mbox/%3CFC63
46DCAC897F4E9673C4418E6448C80190C004@ukex07.UK.NDS.COM%3E

This e-mail is confidential, the property of NDS Ltd and intended for the addressee only. Any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message or any attachments by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the postmaster@nds.com and destroy the original message. Messages sent to and from NDS may be monitored. NDS cannot guarantee any message delivery method is secure or error-free. Information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. We do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in this message and/or attachment that arise as a result of transmission. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of NDS.

NDS Limited Registered Office: One London Road, Staines, Middlesex, TW18 4EX, United Kingdom. A company registered in England and Wales Registered no. 3080780 VAT no. GB 603 8808 40-00

Re: Release plug-in failing to resolve env vars.

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.
Just had a look and the JIRA issue I was talking about is
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-406
and was opended by you, James. So this probably doesn't help you much,
sorry.

regards,
- martin

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.

Posted by "Nord, James" <JN...@nds.com>.
I would then have to maintain multiple lists of mirrors for each site
which is error prone.

Currently to add one new repo I only need to add the repo to the profile
(or base pom) and a single entry in the mirror section.

Posted by Santosh Patel <sa...@gmail.com>.
hi,

Posted by "Nord, James" <JN...@nds.com>.

Posted by "Nord, James" <JN...@nds.com>.

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.

Posted by "Nord, James" <JN...@nds.com>.
Normal logs attached.  Sory I thought these where in the first mail :-(

/James

Posted by "Nord, James" <JN...@nds.com>.
> Is the proxyURL that you mention a valid URL in the first place...?
> Try this...
> http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/display/UPM30/Nexus+Proxy+Example

Yes it is a valid URL.

You can see from the logs that it downloaded everything it needed up
until the forked maven invocation.

/James