Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Suresh Babu Koya <sk...@quark.co.in> on 2002/10/01 16:48:08 UTC

Problem on error in SAX 2 SAX transformation

Hi Group,

    I am using the SAX 2 SAX sample of Xalan samples with modified versions
of the birds.xml and birds.xsl. The file has the structure:

<Customers>
	<Cust>
		<Customer id="ALFKI">
			<Name>Alfreds Futterkiste</Name>
		</Customer>
	</Cust>
	<Cust>
		<Customer id="ANATR">
			<Name>&Ana Trujillo Emparedados y helados</Name>
		</Customer>
	</Cust>
</Customers>

An error occurs when processing the second element and hence there is an
fatal error in XML. But since I am
using a sax based approach for translation I expected the first node to be
created atleast. But no element is created at all.
What I got is an output file of 0 bytes after transforming with this XML? I
am using Xalan 2.4 and Xerces 2.1 to run this transformation.
Any help would be great.

--Suresh

Re: Problem on error in SAX 2 SAX transformation

Posted by Joseph Kesselman <ke...@us.ibm.com>.
We don't promise to write out absolutely everything possible up to the
point where the error occurred. How close we get will depend on exactly
what your stylesheet is doing and exactly how that interacts with the
buffering required by some operations.

This may be a nuisance, but it is working as designed.

If you need more detail about the stylesheet's progress, you could use our
tooling APIs... but I'm not sure they'd give you what you're looking for
in this case.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research