Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hanasaki JiJi <ha...@hanaden.com> on 2002/12/06 15:45:48 UTC

tld locations??? must be directly in WEB-INF

Am I reading the below error correctly?  .tld must be in the WEB-INF dir
and not in any subdir of WEB-INF?

I have put the struts tld's in /WEB-INF/struts/ and specified to find
them there in web.xml

======================

2002-12-05 23:33:41 ContextConfig[/j2eetemplate] Exception processing
TLD at resource path /WEB-INF/struts/struts-nested.tld
javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception processing TLD at resource
path /WEB-INF/struts/struts-nested.tld
           at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScanTld(ContextConfig.java:1010)
           at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScan(ContextConfig.java:870)
           at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(ContextConfig.java:647)
           at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:243)

----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid TLD resource path
/WEB-INF/struts/struts-nested.tld
           at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScanTld(ContextConfig.java:1002)
           at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScan(ContextConfig.java:870)
           at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(ContextConfig.java:647)
           at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:243)
           at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:166)

= Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the     =
=       right things.    - Peter Drucker                        =
=_______________________________________________________________=
=     http://www.sun.com/service/sunps/jdc/javacenter.pdf       =
=  www.sun.com | www.javasoft.com | http://wwws.sun.com/sunone  =

Re: tld locations??? must be directly in WEB-INF

Posted by Hanasaki JiJi <ha...@hanaden.com>.
specifically where/inwhat file does your suggestion go?  It should only
impact where struts tld's are found, not all tlds

Re: tld locations??? must be directly in WEB-INF - relates to Tomcat xml parser bug

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
There is a bug in 4.1.12 where if you specify
<taglib-location>tlds/my-taglib.tld</taglib-location> it won't find your
taglib file.
Without checking, I think that is is fixed in 4.1.14+, but check the release
notes to be sure (certainly fixed in 4.1.16b).

----

2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">

> [...]
>   <servlet>
>     <servlet-name>strutsAction</servlet-name>
>     <servlet-class>org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet</servlet-class>
>     <init-param>
>       <param-name>config</param-name>
>       <param-value>/WEB-INF/struts/struts-config.xml</param-value>
>     </init-param>
>     <init-param>
>       <param-name>debug</param-name>
>       <param-value>2</param-value>
>     </init-param>
>     <init-param>
>       <param-name>detail</param-name>
>       <param-value>2</param-value>
>     </init-param>
>     <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
>   </servlet>
>
>    <servlet>
>       <servlet-name>TestServlet</servlet-name>
>       <display-name>test servlet display name</display-name>
>       <description><![CDATA[desc of testservlet]]></description>
>      <servlet-class>com.web.TestServlet</servlet-class>
>
>    </servlet>
>
>    <servlet-mapping>
>       <servlet-name>TestServlet</servlet-name>
>       <url-pattern>*.test</url-pattern>
>    </servlet-mapping>
>
>    <session-config>
>       <session-timeout>5</session-timeout>
>    </session-config>
>
>      <!--
>    To specify mime mappings, create a file named mime-mappings.xml, put it
in your project's mergedir.
>    Organize mime-mappings.xml following this DTD slice:
>
>    <!ELEMENT mime-mapping (extension, mime-type)>
>    -->
>
>      <!--
>    To specify error pages, create a file named error-pages.xml, put it in
your project's mergedir.
>    Organize error-pages.xml following this DTD slice:
>
>    <!ELEMENT error-page ((error-code | exception-type), location)>
>    -->
>
>    <!-- Struts Tag Library Descriptors -->
>   <taglib>
>     <taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/struts-bean</taglib-uri>
>     <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld</taglib-location>
>   </taglib>
>
>   <taglib>
>     <taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/strutsstruts-html</taglib-uri>
>     <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/strutsstruts-html.tld</taglib-location>
>   </taglib>
>
>   <taglib>
>     <taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/strutsstruts-logic</taglib-uri>
>     <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/strutsstruts-logic.tld</taglib-location>
>   </taglib>
>
>   <taglib>
>     <taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/strutsstruts-nested</taglib-uri>
>     <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/strutsstruts-nested.tld</taglib-location>
>   </taglib>
>
>   <taglib>
>     <taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/strutsstruts-tiles</taglib-uri>
>     <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/struts-tiles.tld</taglib-location>
>   </taglib>
>
>      <!--
>    To set up security settings for your web app, create a file named
web-security.xml, put it in your project's merge
> dir.
>    Organize web-security.xml following this DTD slice:
>
>    <!ELEMENT security-constraint (display-name?, web-resource-collection+,
auth-constraint?, user-data-constraint?)>

Posted by Aleksandr Shneyderman <al...@law.columbia.edu>.
First of all take all of your struts tlds and put
them directly into WEB-INF directory

your dir structure will be
WEB-INF\
   struts-bean.tld
   struts-html.tld
   struts-logic.tld
   struts-nested.tld
   struts-tiles.tld

now fix your web.xml
as folows
- <taglib>
  <taglib-uri>struts-bean</taglib-uri>
  <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld</taglib-location>
  </taglib>
- <taglib>
  <taglib-uri>struts-html</taglib-uri>
  <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld</taglib-location>
  </taglib>
- <taglib>
  <taglib-uri>struts-logic</taglib-uri>
  <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld</taglib-location>
  </taglib>
- <taglib>
  <taglib-uri>struts-nested</taglib-uri>
  <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/struts-nested.tld</taglib-location>
  </taglib>
- <taglib>
  <taglib-uri>struts-tiles</taglib-uri>
  <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/struts-tiles.tld</taglib-location>
  </taglib>

and lastly,
   why don't you read the struts documentation?

Alex.

Posted by Hanasaki JiJi <ha...@hanaden.com>.

Posted by Aleksandr Shneyderman <al...@law.columbia.edu>.
make sure that